Pixprocessing in Mining
Although modern mining industry employs various software products to accelerate vast area inspection, the results still do not cover all the computational needs and cannot deliver sufficient accuracy for further data deployment. As an answer, innovative photogrammetric solutions avail the mining industry to facilitate everyday industrial workflow and acquisition process. It significantly helps boost industrial competitiveness due to the acceleration of the exploration, visual data retrieval and processing, compilation and analysis.
Pixprocessing is a cutting-edge photogrammetric software that offers simpler and smarter digital solution for inspection of mines:
- it facilitates planning of material dislocation;
- allows acquiring a detailed view of the explorable surface;
- provides accurate 3D measurements and calculations.
Pixprocessing is designed to reinforce data processing and improve acquisition performance. Powerful yet simple graphic user interface simplifies the operating process. It allows mastering the software with ease and confidence. As a photogrammetric software, it processes digital images to produce geographically accurate 3D maps of the sites and present detailed documentation.
EXPLORATION AND VISUALISATION
PIXPROCESSING HAS VARIOUS FUNCTIONALITIES TO MEET SPECIFIC NEEDS:
For a high definition visualisation, surface and textured meshes serve to create a detailed display of the location taking into account all the features of the surface. It helps:
- visualising the strategy;
- data-rich reporting;
- facilitating the monitoring progress;
- saving the budget on hiring third party specialists.
The digital elevation map (DEM) gives the precision height map of the terrain for altitude analysis. Pixprocessing is enriched with handy options as:
- Customisable DEM colour range which helps accurately define the height of any point on the elevation map in the preferred colour palette.
- Interactive histogram facilitates both the selection of elevation level and its visualisation. It allows specification and limitation of the height range and displaying the selected values on the elevation map.
DSM editing is an interactive toolkit allowing virtual removal of such on-ground objects as trucks, trees and temporary infrastructure objects. The option benefits the user with:
- Increased frequency of measurement acquisition;
- Timely inspection and surveillance procedures;
- Cost-effective approach;
- Increased operational safety measures in everyday work.
Georeferencing ensures that the project is always precise in measurements and gives the actual and strictly correct coordinates of the selected features.
Contour line map enriches the analysis and provides explicit documentation in terms of mapping.
With these handy options, many of the mining challenges are solved the fast and simple way. Through a variety of options, Pixprocessing automatically provides values and coordinates within the preferred coordinate system (metric/imperial).
In Pixprocessing, the 3D model of the territory serves as a platform for all calculations. Giving a glance at software capabilities explains it in detail.
DEM enables proof-based decision making when it comes to pile cutting, pit filling, a definition of the excavation hinge line, utility water reservoirs planning, etc. Using the DEM, acquire:
- peak elevation values;
- 2D and 3D measurements of the original slope:
- overall length of the slope;
- actual base area.
The 3D volume calculations facilitate overburden manipulation and stockpile management planning. The software:
- gives fast and trustworthy results of 3D area for;
- allows accurate planning of the landfill materials;
- backs up designing of the infrastructure.
Acquiring calculation values, the surface of the location/object is marked on the map and the results are instantly provided for:
- 3D volume;
- 2D perimeter and 2D area (plan view, i.e. flat view, – length and base area);
- 3D perimeter and 3D area (virtual reality view – length and base area);
The base plane selection type is adjustable and alignable with the lowest/highest/ average altitude of the project territory to solve the visual noise problem when preparing to acquire 3D volume values. It comes handy when the territory is covered with piles of different size and height, and the selected area appears relatively seamless.
The volume difference comparison of the present terrain and the planned surface allows an explicit reporting of the on-ground manipulation of the surface. Calculate the DSM for the primary and the cleared 3D surface and compare the two DSMs. The difference is displayed fast and visually appealing.
With Pixprocessing, mine planning and management help save the budget on numerous manual measurements, additional inspection and analytical works:
- The infrastructure designing becomes more precise and faster.
- The 3D modelling is a handy documentation of the progress providing insights for strategic planning.
- A wide range of measurements and calculations empower the professionals in any field to acquire, register and compile the rich data documentation.
Pixprocessing provides reliable and sharable results. The output files can be exported/ imported in various CAD formats (.dxf, .las, .laz, .ply, .stl, .xyz, .pxg, .csv, .obj, .tiff, .shp, .txt) for further processing.
To learn more about the Pixprocessing Mining applicability, please refer to the Mine Magazine.