Pixpro Software 1.6.5 is Here
A new version of Pixpro photogrammetry software is here, and it brings new features, improvements, and fixes. Let’s go through them.
New Wizard Workflow in Pixpro Software
We added a new wizard-type workflow for creating cloud computation and local projects. Now we can create Pixpro projects on a step-by-step basis. The wizard also includes hover tooltips with detailed information.
Also, a new home screen containing recent projects with layer icons will greet you upon opening the software. The layer icons represent what layers are present in each project.
The right portion of the home screen is for current cloud processing tasks. You can press the X button to quickly cancel the job or click on the cloud computation task to monitor it. We hope the wizard workflow will be an even quicker and more intuitive way of creating your photogrammetry projects.
Manual Project Referencing
We are expanding our referencing options and adding manual referencing tools for 3D modelers. We have added a new panel called Manual Referencing which contains:
- The ability to do manual 3-dimensional translation using known origin points and coordinates.
- Scaling option – by drawing a known distance and thus scaling the project.
- Rotation option – you can rotate the entire 3D space with a rotation sphere or by entering numerical rotation values.
- Direction selection by plane – for uprighting unreferenced 3D scans by selecting a ground plane,
- Direction selection by axis – for uprighting unreferenced 3D scans by choosing a vertical axis.
Using these tools, you can bring your 3D scenes and assets close to real-life dimensions and orientation for further use. We made them as efficient and easy to use as possible. An example of manual referencing tool usage in the video below:
Creating a 3D Mesh Surface from a DEM
We are adding a particular functionality that we learned from mining industry partners – 3D mesh creation from a digital elevation map. It allows having a raster image represented in actual 3D mesh form for further use in 3rd party software.
Other Pixpro Software Improvements in 1.6.5:
- Better 3D visualization – we are updating the visualization engine, so objects in the 3D view look better without any added performance or usability drawbacks.
- Tree view updates – our layer tree view now contains a search bar, multiple selection support, and performance improvements. These are for those who like to have hundreds of objects and layers in a single project.
- RTK flight track support. Now RTK level data is appropriately used during flight track import, and geoid corrections are applied.
- DXF format added to dense point cloud export formats.
- And finally, dozens of bug fixes and under-the-hood improvements.
You can try the new Pixpro software now and enjoy free photogrammetry for 30 days. If you have already used up your free month before, contact us via any of our support channels, and we can reset the trial for you, free of charge!
Related Blog Posts
Our Related Posts
All of our tools and technologies are designed, modified and updated keeping your needs in mind
Human Photogrammetry with a Single Camera
Scanning a human being is quite a famous photogrammetry use case nowadays, from getting scans for fun to replicate yourself in 3D space to high-end CGI and medical applications. Often, you see people captured in multi-camera rigs, where photos are taken from all camera positions simultaneously.
Not Spooky - Photogrammetry is Easy
If you have a camera - any camera - you can do photogrammetry. You need to follow a few rules to capture a scene from the real world and put it into virtual 3D space. You will also need a tool that will do 90 percent of the work for you - Pixpro photogrammetry software.
Glossary Part 3
Welcome to the third part of our glossary, which covers most of the terminology used in our blog and in and around general photogrammetry-related conversations. As we make more of these terms, they get more technical and more challenging to explain in a few sentences.
Ready to get started with your project?
You can choose from our three different plans or ask for a custom solution where you can process as many photos as you can!
Free 14-day trial. Cancel any time.