Bios Settings to Unlock AMD Ryzen 5600G and 5700G Radeon Graphics

Pixpro Team Lukas Zmejevskis
Feb 10, 2022

The current chip shortage has brought more attention to APUs or CPUs with integrated graphics. The newest addition from AMD brings a step up in GPU power without a discrete graphics card. To unlock the full potential of 5600G and 5700G, the Radeon graphics default bios settings need to be adjusted. We discovered this while testing our Pixpro photogrammetry software on an AMD 5700G processor. We found out that some settings are not optimal out of the box.

Radeon Graphics Use System RAM

Integrated GPU relies on system memory for its VRAM needs. The GPU uses a portion of the system RAM, and it will not be available for other tasks. Also, the speed of the RAM plays an even more important role if the CPU and the GPU share it.

System RAM


To fully utilize the memory, proper timing and frequency must be selected. There are two ways to go about it: manually using an overclocking profile or entering timing, voltage, and frequency values. Manual memory overclocking requires advanced knowledge and experience, while a profile is a must for everyone.

Memory profiles are usually under XMP, DOCP, and EOCP acronyms used by different motherboard manufacturers. For example, Asus motherboards with AMD chipsets often use the DOCP acronym, which stands for Direct Overclock Profile. No matter the name, all implementations are functionally identical.

Amount of Reserved RAM

Besides the speed, the actual amount of usable memory is the more critical factor. By default, reserved memory values can be as low as 512 MB. This default value or an AUTO setting is acceptable in 90 percent cases because the integrated GPU will reserve as much memory as it needs on the fly. But it leaves us with those 10 percent when it is not.

During our Pixpro software testing, we discovered that we get much more stable operation with the UMA Frame buffer size set to 8 or 16 gigabytes. In addition, some of the games we tested report the set maximum RAM size, therefore, limiting the availability of graphics settings.

Making the Right Adjustments

We have to go to the system bios to enable the RAM XMP profile and increase the UMA frame buffer size. In our case, we are using a Gigabyte motherboard, although usually bios differences between motherboard manufacturers are only cosmetic.

Upon booting the PC, we keep pressing the enter bios button, DEL, to enter the PC bios. In the initial home screen, we see a lot of information about the PC. Immediately you can notice the XMP Disabled button. Use your mouse or keyboard to press the XMP Disabled button. It will change to XMP Profile1 – which means our overclocking profile is activated, and new RAM frequency and timings are displayed above.

Enable XMP Profile

Now we change the UMA Frame buffer. Enable the advanced settings by pressing the F2 on your keyboard. Here you navigate to Settings Tab and the IO Ports section. Here we change a few settings. Watch the short video below to see the exact changes.

All that is left is to save our changes. Go to the Save & Exit tab and save your settings.

We have changed the two essential settings that will allow utilizing the onboard graphics to the fullest. There are many ways to overclock your AMD CPU and get even more from the whole SOC, but that requires advanced knowledge and sufficient cooling hardware. If you want to start your overclocking Journey – familiarize yourself with AMD’s precision boost optimizer or PBO’s features.


With these adjustments, all games should detect the high available VRAM amount. In addition, processing-heavy software such as Pixpro should run without problems. So far, we have not noticed any harmful side effects of the changes. 
To be reasonable, an integrated GPU is never as powerful as a dedicated one. But not having a display at all is a bit worse. A competent integrated graphics processor enables casual PC use without any drawbacks. For example, you can take advantage of Pixpro cloud processing and fully utilize projects locally with no problem. If you have small to medium-sized datasets, you can even process them yourself. Integrated Radeon Graphics – a welcome product from AMD to address an otherwise tricky situation in the PC DIY space.

About the author
Lukas Zmejevskis

Photographer - Drone Pilot - Photogrammetrist. Years of experience in gathering data for photogrammetry projects, client support and consultations, software testing, and working with development and marketing teams. Feel free to contact me via Pixpro Discord or email ( if you have any questions about our blog.

Ready to get started with your project?

You can choose from our three different plans or ask for a custom solution where you can process as many photos as you can!

Free 14-day trial. Cancel any time.

Welcome to Pixpro

Sign in

And access your account.

Do not have an account? Sign Up

There were errors with your submission